- The Legal Entity collecting data is:
Mahara Unlimited LTD
P.O Box 37083, Halswell, Chrsitchurch, 8245, New Zealand
The Big Print:
- We store the data we need to provide you with the products and services you have asked us for – ask and you shall receive!
- Rebecca Hulse’s team has access to your data, in addition trusted people like smart IT guys, and independent contractors.
- We keep your data as long we still have a relationship, for good tax records and until you ask us to forget you.
- You are the one in charge! You have the right to manage your communications, change any info we have, request what we have and ask for it to be limited or deleted.
- Do you have to give us your information? If you would like to interact with us in any way other than stalking – yes! Otherwise this relationship is very one sided…
- We don’t do automatic profiling or judgment, we may however check in on what you’re interested in to create more cool stuff.
- We don’t kiss and tell, what information you share with us, stays with us.
- We store your data in cloud systems for safekeeping
- We protect your diamonds (oops data) by making our staff sign NDAs and training them in what Data Protection actually means (think computer ninja training).
The Small Print:
- WHAT DATA DO WE STORE?
We store all of the data that we need in order to maintain our relationships with customers and clients. This data ranges from records including full name, e-mail address and country, to more extensive records that include full name, telephone number, e-mail address, home and work address, as well as details of dependents.
For tax purposes, if you attend a program or buy a product, we will store your tax or VAT identification number and all of the data that we need to issue a correct invoice in all of the jurisdictions in which we operate.
We may store both your shipping address, for product delivery, and your billing address, which can be used to verify credit card payments or other methods of payment.
- WHY DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We store your data in order to provide the services that we offer for free and to fulfill our contractual undertakings with my customers and clients.
Personal data is stored to be able to send you information, free samples, products and to register you for programs you signed up for.
Recordings of live calls are stored and distributed to enable clients and customers to play back calls they attended. Following the aforementioned calls, recordings are also turned into products that are sold in the shop.
- WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA?
Rebecca Hulse’s team has access to your data to be able to fulfill our contractual agreements with our customers and clients. The team may include communications and marketing team, event organizers and administrative staff.
In addition, outsourcing work on specialist tasks within IT and accounting, for example, sometimes requires us to grant consultants access to your data whenever and wherever this is required to fulfill our legal obligations towards official authorities or to develop and improve our services.
- DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
The short answer is no. We do not share your data without explicit permission, excluding the internal staff and programs we use in order to run the programs and events you sign up for.
- HOW LONG IS THE DATA STORED?
We keep the data stored as long as…
– We have a relationship with you as a customer, client or interested party
– We are legally obliged to for tax purposes
– until you unsubscribe or ask me to delete your information
- WHAT DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE AS A CUSTOMER?
As a customer, you have the right to…
– manage your e-mail or paid subscription
– correct any and all information I have stored
– request details of the data I have stored regarding you
– request deletion or limitation of your stored data.
If you would like to update, change or amend your data, please let us know by contacting us here.
If you would like to be deleted from our database, please contact us.
- ARE CUSTOMERS OBLIGED TO PROVIDE THEIR DATA?
Yes, as a customer or client, you must provide the data we need to be able to fulfill our contractual obligations within the various services we offer.
Depending on what you are requesting from us, we will ask you to provide information that may range from your full name, e-mail address and country to more extensive details including full name, telephone number, e-mail address, home and work address, as well as details of dependents.
- COOKIES, PROFILING AND AUTOMATION
We do not perform any form of automated profiling. Sometimes we will check what topics a client may be interested in based on his/her previous choices of classes or products.
We do not share your data or sell it to any external agencies. Checks on prerequisites for advanced classes are processed automatically.
- WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We use multiple systems for storing your data to fulfill our contractual agreements with customers and clients.
In general, information is stored in cloud services and on computers in the country of our residence, New Zealand.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
The Hulse’s, contractors and the external agencies with whom we work have all signed NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements). They have also been trained in data protection.
The stored data can only be accessed through security-protected entry points by users with permission to access the information.