We have all had days where it feels like the whole world is going to shit, everything is hard and you just want to give up. Yes, I have those days too and they suck. For me what’s important is that you don’t stay there, I know they are a part of the process of change, and I’m good with that. What I’m not ok with is those bleak moments taking the driver’s seat and being in control.
Now is not the time for force, but it is the time to nurture. Change is not always easy, but it’s worth it. So what can make it easier? These are some of my best tools and tips for guiding yourself (gently) through to the other side of that change.
- Dain Heer’s You Got This App (currently 50% off until the end of the month, enter 14DAYSYOUGOTTHIS at checkout)
- Reading books that entertain you and inspire you. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert lifted my spirits recently.
- Get your Bars run! Seriously, this process is magic.
- Listening to music live. Plenty of great artists are doing this right now on Facebook. Michael De Lara is one of my personal favorites!
- Have a touch of your favorite vice to take the edge off – be it a cigarette, strong cocktail, sugary treat. It’s ok, today is not about getting it perfect.
- Phone a friend if you feel able.
- Express yourself! Maybe it’s in a journal and burning the pages, some messy artwork, dancing around your living room or just simply making something with your hands – do something that you have always loved doing even if the end result is crap!
- Turn off your phone – truly, you and the world can live without each other for one day.
- Go to bed early! Truly, you will wake up happier in the morning.
Take it easy…. Let yourself rest and relax. It’s time to nurture yourself into a new possibility, not force yourself.
Just let it be.