Waking up scatterbrained and with a mile-long to-do list is a normal way of life for most of us, but what if that didn’t have to be the everyday anymore? Most self-help material for work-from-home life includes bullet lists, getting up ridiculously early and throwing your children in the bin (kidding!) but none of this advice is sustainable for an everyday practice.
So what can you do? Introducing my go-to morning tools that making a good day greater and a shitty day totally doable.
- Stop Avoiding Anything – whatever you avoid soaks up all your excess energy. Have a look at the things you are avoiding handling and get them done. You will create so much more space.
- Set yourself up for success – Get up with plenty of time for what you require to do, choose what nourishes your body, not just what wakes you up. Don’t just wear whatever – make yourself feel ready.
- Don’t forget your body – When do you work best? And when does your body require movement? Food? What kind of drinks? How long have you been staring at your screen already?
- Be aware of your surroundings – Mondayitus is real, but it doesn’t need to be your reality. Know that you are energetically aware of what is going on in the world, but you don’t have to be at the effect of it. Acknowledge it and move forward.
- Ask questions – Asking yourself questions is the easiest way to start opening up your day to different possibilities.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Who am I today and what grand and glorious adventure can I have?
- Who or what required your attention today?
Having a more productive morning or ending distraction isn’t about forcing yourself to do things in a certain way. It’s about knowing what makes you tick and giving yourself a foundation for success.
Need some reminders to help you kick off your Work From Home life in a productive way? Download my new Work From Home Guide here (It’s $5!)