We all can have moments of happiness. Yup that’s great and we also have moments of sadness or this sucks. Which seem to wipe out that happy moments. What the? Focusing on finding your happiness is a popular topic and we should all be happy right? Seems to me happiness is overrated. What? A coach focused on achieving your top life is saying happiness is overrated? I know I know but I have something better….
Get on the joy ride – How much cooler is joy?
Moments of joy way outlast the suck balls moments; joy leaves a lasting impression on your memory, body, and spirit, with both physical and psychological benefits. Boom! Enough convincing either you want to be happy, unhappy or joy. Let’s get to the real stuff – getting joy for life.
I’m going to repeat this until you are so switched on to laughter that you will even laugh at this bullet point. I recommend laughter yoga for the best benefits. There are other ways though. Get a daily joke reminder, Google a list of most hysterical movies and schedule them in your calendar at least once a week. Fake laugh even!
This is a biggie and an oldie and just your new bestie. This is an EVERYDAY thing. There is no off day for gratitude coz she is Law of Attractions wife and she gives the cold shoulder when you neglect her. So just nobody needs a crabby wife. Find 10 things minimum to be grateful for daily. I do mine in the morning, as I am getting up and then at night I go through all my awesome moments of the day and thank the universe for them.
There’s not that much else to joy either you chose it or you don’t but here are some mini tips and implementers:
- Smile - and look people in the eyes – open connections definitely support joy
- Skip – seriously if you are grumpy go skip you can’t be both (this is what my mum used to do with me in a tantrum)
- Put photos and pictures of joyous moments of your life on device backgrounds to remind you
- Write a gorgeous note or one from somebody else and put it on your mirror
- Set reminders on your ph of affirmations during your down moments (mine is “celebrate your incredibleness!)
- Watch these YouTube clips: Love, Beauty, Believe
Post your own in the comments below and tell me one you are committing to (joy is a choice it doesn’t happen by itself) P.S just to let you know you can have my bundle of joy exclusively to yourself now look at coach with me.